Sunday, January 25, 2015

Food: Lazy Sunday Breakfast

Today was just one of those days. Didn't feel like doing to much, so I'm not going to do too much. I am trying to eat healthier, so I will share my favorite oatmeal recipe.
The soft furry rug that keeps me from my duties

Breakfast
So my favorite oatmeal is with trader joe's toasted organic oatmeal, which I boil in water with a teaspoon of vanilla extract (I use 1/2 cup dried oats). While it is boiling, I put a teaspoon - ish of coconut oil in the serving bowl.


Then when the oatmeal is cooked I strain the oats and put in the bowl. Immediately, while the oats are hot I drizzle honey over the oats. The amount of honey should be based on how sweet you like you oatmeal, I usually use about a tablespoon.


Then viola! You are left with very creamy, tasty and healthy oatmeal. Bon Appétit!


As for the accompanying beverages, some green tea and fresh pressed orange juice.



1 comment: