Friday, January 23, 2015

Local Travel: Paso Robles - wine and the country side

The next stop we made on the journey to Yosemite was Paso Robles. This is a great place to go for wineries and food. There is also a small water park that closes in the afternoon. Although I love Napa and Sonoma, they are too far for a casual visit. Paso Robles however is a perfect weekend trip. A spa, a wine tour, you can't ask for too much more than that. When I got to Paso Robles I barely made it before 4:00pm, which is when most of the wineries close. However, this lovely winery call Le Vigne Winery stayed open for us and gave me the most amazing wine and cheese pairing. I discovered there that I really like Sangiovese, when, to be honest, I had never even heard of before. (Before you go to a winery, always check when they close and if you need an invitation - learned that lesson in Napa the hard way)

Take a look at the lovely scenery surrounding Paso Robles.

On the road again


Felt like we got caught in a screen saver
 Cost of Trip: $100 Roundtrip gas (unless you have a prius), $50.00 Wine tasting plus bottle of wine = $150.00

No comments:

Post a Comment